Sooooo my parents were out of town today. I was excited....
BECAUSE I COULD HAVE THE KITCHEN TO MYSELF.
I decided to cook up a little something for lunch.
Lately I've been addicted to Pesto. Its just absolutely magical. Delicious and pretty healthy.
I haven't gotten around to making it from scratch..but here's a simple quick way to get that pesto perfection.
Pasta- preferably whole grain
Your favorite veggies- I chose mushrooms and red bell peppers.
Chicken breast!- shrimp works too.
Pesto sauce mix...you can find it in the grocery store next to the taco/fajita spices.
Garlic/Ginger paste: or a tablespoon on each finely chopped.
Good Olive Oil
Lemon or lime
Wooden Spoon for cooking
Kitchen Shears (those scissors you use for meat)
Two Cutting Boards
OK..Here's what you do:
1) Chop/Slice the veggies as you would like on one of your cutting boards.
2) Cut the chicken breast ( About 1-1 1/2 lbs) into slices/cubes on the other cutting board using the shears.
3) Boil water in a pot. Add a little salt and about a pound and a half of pasta.Drain Pasta once cooked.
6) Add the chicken and allow to cook. Add salt and pepper to taste to the chicken.
9) Once the sauce has cooked and the veggies and chicken are cooked through, add them to the pot woth the pesto sauce and toss to coat.